Collection of Information
We collect personal information from you through your interaction via our websites, podcasts, text services or other media. This may occur when for example you contact us or respond to surveys/ polls, provide comments or other interactive elements we may use on our platforms.
The information we collect will vary depending on the service you use, but could include name, address, phone number or email address. We may also ask for additional information depending on the nature of the service provided. Unless stated, the data fields we request must be completed. We will not normally collect any sensitive personal information from you, and in any event, will request your express consent to do so.
Information we may hold about you:
- Information you’ve provided to us, including on our websites.
- Information about our content and services you’ve enquired about.
- Information provided by other companies who’ve obtained your permission to share information about you.
- Information, uploads and comments you make about the content; advertisements and services you use, for example how you access, view, share, contribute to, communicate with them
- Information we collect from the devices you use to receive our content and services about your use of Sports Social and/or selected third party websites. For more information on cookies and how to manage them, please see the section on cookies.
- IP address (this is a number that identifies a specific network device on the internet and is required for your device to communicate with websites) and location data.
- Technical information from the devices you use to receive our content and services, for example, the collection of diagnostic information.
Use of Information
We may use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide, administer and communicate with you about our services and promotions
- to contact you about a submission to us, including any content you may provide.
- to analyse and improve the services we offer.
- to send you marketing communications about content, products, events and promotions by us, that you might be interested in.
We may also use your personal information in other ways but will ensure that we notify you of this.
We may share personal information with service providers who perform functions and services on our behalf. Such third parties will be provided with personal information necessary to perform the services on our behalf but are not authorised to use such information for any other purposes.
Only where you have agreed to receive marketing communications from third parties, will we pass on your personal information for this purpose.
We may disclose personal information about you to comply with applicable laws and when requested to do so by law enforcement agencies or government bodies.
Use of Aggregate Information
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the European Economic Area (EEA), we ensure similar protection and put in place at least one of these safeguards:
We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been found to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
We may also use specific approved contracts with our service providers that are based in countries outside the EEA. These contracts give your personal data the same protection it has in the EEA .
Where we use service providers in the United States, we may transfer personal data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield scheme, which requires them to provide a similar level of protection of your personal data to what is required in the EEA.
You have certain rights to the personal information we process about you. You have the right to request that we cease sending marketing communications, whether by e-mail or otherwise, to you. You can do this by checking certain boxes when we collect your personal information or by clicking the unsubscribe link in the marketing e-mails you receive from us. You can also do this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you. If you would like to submit a request please contact us at email@example.com.