Newcastle United striker Callum Wilson says he was disappointed not to complete his hat-trick against Burnley on Saturday night.
The former Bournemouth striker took his tally to four goals from four games for his new club with a brace, following his goals against West Ham and Spurs earlier this season.
Wilson scored from Allan Saint-Maximin’s cross before adding a late penalty to secure the points for Newcastle, but hoped the game wouldn’t end so he could chase the match ball.
Speaking to NUFCTV, Wilson said: The only disappointing thing is that I didn’t score a hat-trick tonight to be honest. When the final whistle went, I was disappointed. I wanted to carry on and try and get that match ball. It’s always nice to get the first one for the club but we’ll work hard. We’ll get it one one day and four in four, you’d take that. That’s definitely a positive start and a big three points pushes us up the league and I think that was important going into the international break.
Wilson will be hoping his form can get him back into England recognition, having been capped four times by his country, scoring once.