Burnley’s new owners pledge to back Sean Dyche

ALK Capital have completed their takeover of the Clarets, acquiring a controlling 84 per cent stake in the club, after the deal was approved and ratified by the Premier League.

Pace, who succeeds Mike Garlick as chairman, revealed ALK had been “very, very big fans” of Dyche “for some time” – and stand ready to give the green light to fresh investment in the squad during the January transfer window.

Garlick, who had held just less than 50 per cent of the club’s shares, will remain on the board of directors and felt the deal represented a “natural progression” for Burnley.

Commenting on the possibility of adding to his injury-reduced squad, and speaking before confirmation of ALK’s completed takeover, manager Sean Dyche had been somewhat cautious.

“If there are things in the market we think we can align, we will,” he said. “If there’s not, we’ll keep operating with the group we’ve got.”

Joe Hart joins on a free

Spurs have signed Goalkeeper Joe Hart on a two-year deal with Spurs after his contract expired with Burnley at the end of June.

Tottenham announced Hart’s signing on Tuesday and he will compete with Paulo Gazzaniga to be Hugo Lloris’ deputy at the north London club.

The last few years have been difficult after Hart fell out of favour at Manchester City, but he certainly has a quality record.

He has won every domestic trophy, has 75 England caps and shares the record for most golden glove awards, with over 100 premier league clean sheets.

As Hart arrives, Luke Amos has left to join Queens Park Rangers for an undisclosed fee. Having been on loan there last season, the midfielder has signed a three-year contract.

Has Ancelotti lost faith in Jordan Pickford?

The Daily Star is reporting that Carlo Ancelotti is considering a replacement for Jordan Pickford.

It’s been a tough season for the England No.1 and his dip in form has become a major concern to Ancelotti, who believes Pickford’s concentration levels and consistency are not good enough to help Everton to a top 6 finish.

The Italian is concerned the 26-year-old is not reliable enough, just three years after he joined the Toffees in a deal that saw him become the most expensive British keeper at the time.

He’s also feeling the pressure elsewhere with Sheffield United’s Dean Henderson and Burnley ace Nick Pope threatening his place at international level.

At the moment there is no indication of a new keeper making their way to Goodison, but Pickford will be no doubt concerned.

No confidence in Kepa as Chelsea scour transfer market for new goalkeeper

Kepa has come under fire this season for his performances, criticism no doubt accentuated by the eye-watering £71m Chelsea paid Athletic Bilbao for the goalkeeper’s services in 2018.

The Blues are keen to try and recoup as much of that £71m – a world-record fee for a goalkeeper – as possible this summer, as Lampard hunts for a more viable option for the future.

It’s reported that the Chelsea boss does not see the Spaniard as the long-term fit between the sticks at Stamford Bridge.

Reports claim that clubs in Spain have expressed an interest in Kepa, but whether Chelsea will be able to make back anywhere near the fee they paid for him remains to be seen – particularly with a dip in performance and an expectedly erratic transfer market due to the financial implications of the coronavirus pandemic.

The Blues’ supposed shortlist of potential replacements include Burnley’s Nick Pope, who recently missed out on the Premier League Golden Glove award despite 12 clean sheets in the league this season.

Ajax stopper Andre Onana is also on the Chelsea radar, with Ajax said to be willing to listen to offers for the player who is interested in a move to England.

Perhaps the most outrageous (but not unlikely) suggestion is Atletico Madrid’s Jan Oblak.

Often regarded as one of the best goalkeepers in the world, the Slovenian won’t come cheap, with a whopping £110m needed to activate his release clause and lure him away from the Wanda Metropolitano.