Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti has identified Lazio forward Ciro Immobile as one of his summer transfer targets.

Sunday’s 1-3 home defeat to relegated Bournemouth compounded what has been a dismal season for Everton, with the club registering a bottom-half finish for the first time in four years.

Although Carlo Ancelotti banished any lingering fears of relegation shortly after his appointment, the Italian knows that significant changes to his Toffees squad must be made if Everton are to compete for the Europa League places next season.

One of the Italian’s prime targets this summer is said to be Serie A hotshot Ciro Immobile.

30-year-old Immobile has been prolific in front of goal this season, bagging an exceptional 40 goals in 45 appearances for club and country so far with two games left to play.

Goals are currency at the elite level, and despite Immobile’s age, the sort of numbers he has posted this season will make for a weighty price tag.

Reports claim that Lazio are after a minimum of £50m for the in-form striker – a fee that Toffees owner Farhad Moshiri may be prepared to pay in order to see Everton competing again.

Related posts

Everton chasing Lille defender audio
Everton are said to have added Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes to their list of summer transfer targets.
Norwich City sign Everton midfielder Kieran Dowell audio
Norwich City have announced the signing of midfielder Kieran Dowell from Everton.
Norwich City sign Everton midfielder Kieran Dowell audio
Norwich City have announced the signing of midfielder Kieran Dowell from Everton.
Spurs continue chase of Southampton’s Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg audio
Tottenham are intensifying their pursuit of transfer target Pierre Emile-Hojbjerg from Southampton.
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x